4 Tips To Help You Save Money This Halloween
Black cats, pumpkins, and ghouls! Yep, it’s that time again, Halloween! What other time of the year can you load up on your favorite candy, dress up like a pineapple, and not feel judged? Unfortunately, amidst all this fun, comes expenses. According to National Retail Federation, consumers spent nearly $9.1 BILLION on Halloween in 2017! With additional holiday’s right around the corner, we thought we would share some tips to help you save this Halloween season.
4 Halloween Money-Saving Tips
Costumes can get quite expensive, especially if you have multiple children to buy for. Additionally, by next year, your children will have already outgrown these expensive get-ups! Instead of spending your hard-earned money on expensive costumes, consider making a DIY costume. If you’re having trouble getting the creative juices flowing, look at other peoples’ costumes to get inspiration! You can find excellent examples on Pinterest and Good House Keeping.
Buying candy may be your largest Halloween expense. Candy can be quite the financial burden if you live in a neighborhood with many children. One major mistake many people make is putting candy out in a bowl for children to grab from. While some children will not be greedy, chances are the entire bowl of candy will be depleted within a matter of minutes. The best way to save money on candy is to either buy it in bulk from wholesale clubs like Sam’s or BJ’s.
Before you go crazy with buying new decrations at the store, see what you already have from last year. While it may be very tempting to purchase that giant inflatable pumpkin that sings and talks, it may not be practical. Instead of buying unnecessary Halloween decorations, consider a DIY craft night with your family. There are some excellent ideas on Country Living and Good House Keeping to get you started. If you have your heart set on buying Halloween decor, wait until after the holidays when everything is on clearance!
If you’re looking for inexpensive or free events during the month of October, be sure to check out the many local, family-friendly activities that are sure to please just about everyone.
Halloween Pet Costume Contest
- 5 Tips on How You Can Be #CyberAware
- 7 Tips For Donating to a Charity
- 8 Tips for Creating Account Passwords
- 5 Tips to Prepare for a Hurricane
- 6 Tips for Back to School
- Should You Buy A New Or Old Home?
- Will Refinancing Your Auto Loan Hurt Your Credit Score?
- How To Do Valentine’s Day On A Budget
- Top 5 Ways To Save For A Car
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Finances In 2019
- 4 Best Ways To Budget For A Baby
- How To Overcome Impulse Purchases
- What Items Should You Inspect When Buying A House?
- How To Save Money On Holiday Shopping In 2019
- Four Ways A Personal Loan Can Help You Through A Difficult Time
- What Is Credit Utilization & How Does It Impact Credit Score?
- Why You Should Consider Refinancing Your Car Loan
- 5 Boat Buying Tips For A First Time Buyer
- Top 8 First Time RV Buyer Mistakes To Avoid
- 4 Tips To Help You Save Money This Halloween
- September 2019
- August 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015