5 Lifelines To Safe Travel This Holiday
Do you plan to travel this holiday season? If so, there are some things that you need to do in order to ensure that you are able to access your Launch FCU account funds away from home, and to make sure that your account information stays safe.
- 1.Let us know that you will be traveling.
First and foremost, let us know when, where, and for how long you will be traveling. This may seem unnecessary, but in order to make sure that we do not flag your account as suspicious, we need to know that it is you accessing your money, not a fraudster. For instance, if the majority of your purchases take place in Merritt Island, FL, and suddenly we see an abundance of purchases in New York, and have no idea that you are traveling, there’s a chance that your card could be declined or temporarily suspended due to fraudulent activity. Remember, we only suspend accounts for your protection, not to inconvenience you in any way.
- 2.Stay Alert.
Make sure to keep tabs on your account while you are traveling. Make sure to keep an eye out for skimming devices on ATM machines, gas pumps, taxis, and other retailers. For tips on how to ID a skimmer on an ATM, click here.
- 3.Use Your Credit Card.
Using a credit card over a debit card while traveling is usually a better option. Using your credit card ensures that if you are a victim of a skimmer, the skimmer does not have access to your direct bank account. Think about applying for a credit card from Launch FCU before you travel!4.
- Increase Your Limit Before You Leave.
Think about increasing your limit on your credit card before you leave for your trip. Let us know at least a week in advance so that we can make sure that you have the amount of money you need for your trip expenses.
- 5.Do not access your Online Banking from public Wi-Fi.
Public Wi-Fi is an all-you-can-eat buffet for fraudsters. Steer clear of accessing Online Banking from computers at Internet Cafés, hotel business centers, and even your laptop if it is connected to hotel or public Wi-Fi. If you need to check your account balance, use your smartphone data, and make sure that your phone is not connected to a Wi-Fi network. If you do not feel comfortable using your smartphone for checking your finances, call us at toll-free at 800-543-5073.
Launch FCU cares about you and your financial well-being. The golden rule is to always let us know when you will be traveling so that we can help to ensure your vacation is as carefree and enjoyable as possible!
© Copyright 2015 Launch Federal Credit Union. All Rights Reserved
- 7 Tips For Donating to a Charity
- 8 Tips for Creating Account Passwords
- 5 Tips to Prepare for a Hurricane
- 6 Tips for Back to School
- Should You Buy A New Or Old Home?
- Will Refinancing Your Auto Loan Hurt Your Credit Score?
- How To Do Valentine’s Day On A Budget
- Top 5 Ways To Save For A Car
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Finances In 2019
- 4 Best Ways To Budget For A Baby
- How To Overcome Impulse Purchases
- What Items Should You Inspect When Buying A House?
- How To Save Money On Holiday Shopping In 2019
- Four Ways A Personal Loan Can Help You Through A Difficult Time
- What Is Credit Utilization & How Does It Impact Credit Score?
- Why You Should Consider Refinancing Your Car Loan
- 5 Boat Buying Tips For A First Time Buyer
- Top 8 First Time RV Buyer Mistakes To Avoid
- 4 Tips To Help You Save Money This Halloween
- Prepare Your Vehicle For Hurricane Season
- September 2019
- August 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015