5 Products You Should Always Buy Online
The Internet has completely changed how we shop for products and services. No long must we rely on malls and shopping centers to satisfy our retail needs. In fact, a recent survey by UPS found that over 50% of purchases in the United States are now made online. It’s easy to see why consumers love shopping online. Online shopping can provide you with convenience, a more extensive selection of products, an opportunity to compare products across multiple retailers, and best of all lower prices. While most of us have made shopping online a habit, there are specific products experts advise you should always purchase online. This article will outline the top five products you should purchase online rather than in-store.
Purchase These 5 Products Online In 2018
Buying electronics is an expensive and complicated process. With so many product options on the market, it’s sometimes hard to know which product would best suit your needs. Comparing product offerings can be exceptionally challenging when you have an eager salesperson pressing you to make a decision. Shopping online for electronics removes sales pressure, and allows you to take the time you need to compare products and read customer reviews so you can make sure you are buying the best product for your needs.Electronics also tend to be cheaper online. In fact, many experts suggest thatthe Internet is the best place to find low prices on:
- TVs: According to FatWallet, TVs can be 10% to 30% cheaper online than in-store! When you order a TV online, you do want to be mindful of shipping costs. If there is an option to ship to the store you may be able to avoid hefty shipping charges.
- Small Accessories: When you purchase an electronic device, such as a new smartphone, you often need some accessories to go with it. These accessories can be quite expensive at retail stores. That’s why it’s a good idea to bypass purchasing these items in-store and opt to buy them online from Amazon or eBay. Just how much can purchasing accessories online save you? Experts advise buying add-ons online rather than in the store can save you up to 60%.
- Laptops: With a laptop, you have many options to choose from in regards to processor, RAM, hard drive, etc. Shopping for your computer online will allow you to customize it to fit your needs without sales pressure. In addition, many retailers offer deals for online laptop purchases that are not available in-store.
Purchasing luggage online will provide you with a much more extensive selection of products to choose from. Another significant benefit of purchasing luggage online is the price. Many experts advise that department stores often sell luggage for much less online than in their physical stores. Experts advise that the best time to buy luggage online is during Black Friday and President’s Day Sales when luggage is discounted up to 50%!
- Baby Supplies
Buying baby supplies online can help you save time and money. For instance, if you are an Amazon Prime Member, you can get up to a 20% discount on diapers, baby food, and other essential baby supplies via Amazon Family. If you’re not a Prime member, you can still get 15% off baby supplies by setting up regular deliveries through Amazon’s Subscribe & Save feature.
- Pet Supplies
There are many subscription sites out there that can help you save on essentials for your furry friend. Next time you need to purchase pet supplies consider shopping at:
- Amazon: You can receive a 15% discount on pet supplies via Amazon’s Subscribe & Save program.
- Chewy: Chewy is an online pet supply company that provides a discount of 5% to10% on subscription orders. You can also get 20% off your first order when you set up auto-ship. Chewy always offers free shipping on orders over $49 and has a flat-rate shipping cost of $4.95 on orders under $49.
- PetSmart: PetSmart offers 15% off online orders of $100 or more, or 10% off order up to $99 if you choose the in-store pickup option. If you prefer to have your items delivered right to your door, you’ll get free shipping on orders over $49.
- PetCo: Petco provides shoppers with a 20% discount on their first order when repeat delivery is set up.
You can save around 40% off the cover price by buying books online at retailers like Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Also, if you’re a college student, always check for your required textbooks online before heading to your college bookstore. Purchasing your required course books online could save you hundreds of dollars per year! Some excellent sites to buy textbooks from include eCampus, TextbookRush, Chegg, and Amazon.
Online Shopping Safety Tips
Whenever you shop online, it’s important to make sure you are making purchases on trusted websites. You may come across an outstanding deal, but the site that is selling the product raises a bunch of red flags. Here are some things to keep in mind while shopping online.
- Ensure the site you are purchasing from is encrypted before you enter your bank account or credit card information. You will be able to tell if a website is secure by locating the “https” at the start of the URL, or by locating the padlock icon before the URL. If the site has an address that starts with “http” it is not encrypted, and it will not protect your information from crooks.
- Be skeptical of product descriptions or website copy that includes poor grammar and multiple misspelled words.
- Never give out your social security number or digital banking login credentials when making an online purchase. This information is not required to complete a transaction.
- Remember, if a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. Trust your gut, and don’t take any unnecessary risks.
©Launch Federal Credit Union and www.launchfcu.com 2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Launch Federal Credit Union and www.launchfcu.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- 8 Smart RV Buying Tips
- How To Celebrate The 4th of July Virtually
- 8 Financial Tips For High School Seniors
- 10 Ways to Support Local Businesses
- 9 Tips For Working Remotely
- 6 Ways To Budget During COVID-19
- Struggling To Pay Your Loans? Here’s What To Do
- How To Avoid Coronavirus Scams
- Best Places To Watch A Launch On The Space Coast
- 10 Tips To Prepare For Tax Season
- How To Raise A Money Smart Kid
- How to Avoid Bad Check Scams
- 9 Frugal Family & Date Night Ideas!
- 8 Ways to Jump Start Your 2020 Financial Resolutions
- 8 Easy Ways to Avoid Holiday Travel Stress
- 4 Tips On Snagging a Lower Interest Rate Mortgage
- 7 Tips for Avoid Cyber Criminals on Cyber Monday
- Avoid Gift Card Scams This Holiday Season
- Make Your Auto Loan Process Seamless: Here’s What You Need to Refinance!
- If It Connects, Protect It: Maximize Security on Devices
- July 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015