Have Common “Cents”. Make A Budget.
Have your eye on that awesome video watch? Or a new game? You could beg your parent or grandparent for it, but that may not work. Or, you could set up a budget and buy it on your own.
What Is A Budget?
A budget is a plan. It helps you figure out where money is coming from, and where it is going. The first thing you’ll need to start tracking your budget is a notebook. For a couple of weeks, every time you buy something, write it down in one column. Also, write down money you get from an allowance, gifts or doing extra chores in another column. In a third column, write down things you want to buy and how much they cost. Now add up the columns. How much do you need to buy things on your wish list? Did you have any extra money you could save in your credit union savings account? How long will it take you to save for the things on your list? Did you buy stuff you really didn’t need or want? Think about how you are spending your money. Think about ways to make more. Think about how to save some. Then make a plan. That will be your budget and a way to get what you want.
Creating a budget may seem like a scary task at first, but once you get into the swing of it, it will be a breeze. Learning how to keep track of your money now will help you to be financially responsible as an adult. You’ll be surprised by how much you can save by simply creating a budget and following it. Once you get the hang of budgeting, you’ll be able to teach all of your friends this new skill. That new game, watch, or bike may be closer than you thought!
- Should You Buy A New Or Old Home?
- Will Refinancing Your Auto Loan Hurt Your Credit Score?
- How To Do Valentine’s Day On A Budget
- Top 5 Ways To Save For A Car
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Finances In 2019
- 4 Best Ways To Budget For A Baby
- How To Overcome Impulse Purchases
- What Items Should You Inspect When Buying A House?
- How To Save Money On Holiday Shopping In 2019
- Four Ways A Personal Loan Can Help You Through A Difficult Time
- What Is Credit Utilization & How Does It Impact Credit Score?
- Why You Should Consider Refinancing Your Car Loan
- 5 Boat Buying Tips For A First Time Buyer
- Top 8 First Time RV Buyer Mistakes To Avoid
- 4 Tips To Help You Save Money This Halloween
- Prepare Your Vehicle For Hurricane Season
- Top 4 Car Buying Mistakes To Avoid
- Why Car Loan Rate & Term Matter
- 7 Tips For First Time Car Buyers
- The Difference Between Secured And Unsecured Loans
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015