Experience The Credit Union Difference
Why Join A Bank When You Can Join A Credit Union?
According to MyCreditUnion.gov, credit unions are not-for-profit organizations that aim to serve members, rather than to maximize profits. Credit unions operate similarly to banks in that they accept deposits, make loans, and provide members with a variety of financial services. The big difference between banks and credit unions is that credit unions are member-owned institutions with a focus on the member, rather than corporate profit. In addition, credit unions are able to provide their members with lower loan rates, lower or no fees, and higher dividends. If you are looking for a credit union in Brevard or Volusia counties, you have come to the right place.
8 Reasons Credit Unions Win Over Banks
- Lower Rates On Loans. According to DataTrac, credit unions are able to offer loans at 1.5 to 2.0 percentage points below banks. Launch FCU offers a variety of loans to those who live, work, or worship in Brevard and Volusia counties. These types of loans include:personal loans, auto loans, mortgages, credit cards, and much more. All of our loans offer low rates and great terms. To check out loan rates at Launch FCU, click here. If you have an auto loan or mortgage with another financial institution, you could save some money by refinancing your loan with Launch FCU. Apply online today!
- Motives. The word motive says it all. A credit union’s sole purpose is to have its members’ best interests in mind, not the bottom line of the institution. You will not see a credit union “doing whatever it takes” to meet its goals. At Launch FCU we strive to help our members to go beyond to reach their financial goals, and save time and money while doing it.
- Checking Account Fees. Big banks are known for charging fees to customers for just about everything. Over the past few years, it has gotten worse. According to Business Insider, having an account at a big bank could be costing you an additional $150 per year. Since credit unions have lower expenses, they are able to pass savings onto their members. At Launch FCU, we offer no monthly fee* and no minimum balance* on our Classic Checking Account. To see how a Launch FCU Checking Account could save you money, click here.
- Low Credit Card Rates. According to a report from the Pew Health Group, the largest credit unions offer lower rates than the largest banks. According to Money Talk News, the NCUA reported that the average APR for credit union credit cards was 12.89%. In addition, credit cards from credit unions typically have lower and fewer fees. Launch FCU offers three credit cards: Platinum, Classic, and Secured. All Launch FCU credit cards offer members great safety, convenience, and great rates; with rates as low as 8.97% APR* on Platinum. For more information on Launch FCU credit cards click here, or apply online!
- Ease Of Borrowing. If you have been turned down for a loan by a big bank, think about applying for your loan at a credit union. Borrowing standards at credit unions are more flexible than at big banks, and many times credit unions are willing to work with you, especially if you are a member in good standing. To apply online for a loan at Launch FCU click here.
- Higher Earnings On Savings Accounts. Typically credit unions offer higher dividends than banks on savings accounts. Launch FCU aims to help you go beyond with our Savings Accounts, Youth Savings Accounts, Holiday Savings Accounts, and Certificates. For more information on Launch FCU Savings Accounts, click here.
- Convenience. It may seem that belonging to a big bank with many locations is more convenient than belonging to a credit union with fewer locations. However, you may want to rethink that. Credit unions have a variety of online, phone, and in-person services that can win the convenience war with banks. Launch FCU offers a variety of online services including:Online Banking, Bill Payer, E-Statements, Mobile Banking, Text Banking, and Popmoney® to help make managing your finances a breeze.
- Human Interaction. At a credit union the focus is always on you, the member. Credit unions pride themselves on one-on-one personal attention. At Launch FCU, our focus is on you, the member. We are always available to speak with you regarding your account on the phone or in person. Best of all, we will never sell your mortgage, as all of our mortgages are serviced in-house. For more information on Launch FCU mortgages, click here.
If you are already a member of a credit union, great job, and thank you! If you are not, becoming a member of Launch FCU is simple. Anyone who lives, works, or worships in Brevard or Volusia counties can become a member at Launch FCU. In order to become a member you just need to open a Savings Account. The best part is that by opening your Savings Account you are actually becoming a shareholder in the credit union. This is a unique relationship that a bank simply cannot offer. For more information on how to become a member of Launch FCU, click here.
*APR=Annual Percentage Rate. The rate you pay will be based on your creditworthiness. If your risk profile puts you in a higher risk category your rate may be higher. Rates shown are subject to change without notice. Click here for additional disclosures, rates, and terms.
**Savings account requires a one-time membership fee of $5, plus a minimum deposit of $25.
***Checking account requires credit approval
© Copyright 2015 Launch Federal Credit Union. All Rights Reserved
- Should You Buy A New Or Old Home?
- Will Refinancing Your Auto Loan Hurt Your Credit Score?
- How To Do Valentine’s Day On A Budget
- Top 5 Ways To Save For A Car
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Finances In 2019
- 4 Best Ways To Budget For A Baby
- How To Overcome Impulse Purchases
- What Items Should You Inspect When Buying A House?
- How To Save Money On Holiday Shopping In 2019
- Four Ways A Personal Loan Can Help You Through A Difficult Time
- What Is Credit Utilization & How Does It Impact Credit Score?
- Why You Should Consider Refinancing Your Car Loan
- 5 Boat Buying Tips For A First Time Buyer
- Top 8 First Time RV Buyer Mistakes To Avoid
- 4 Tips To Help You Save Money This Halloween
- Prepare Your Vehicle For Hurricane Season
- Top 4 Car Buying Mistakes To Avoid
- Why Car Loan Rate & Term Matter
- 7 Tips For First Time Car Buyers
- The Difference Between Secured And Unsecured Loans
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015