How To Save Money On Holiday Shopping In 2018
The holiday season can be a financially stressful time of year. However, if you prepare your budget for the holiday season you can avoid much undue stress. In this article we’ll outline five holiday savings tips to help reduce your stress and help you save more during the holiday season of 2018. Let’s get started!
Five Holiday Shopping Tips To Save You Money
- Make A Budget & Stick To It
It’s quite common to get carried away with spending during the holiday season with all of the excellent online and in-store deals, along with expenses related to decor, food, and travel. Thus, the first step we recommend you take is to set a budget for all of these expenses and STICK TO IT! Some tips to get you started include:
~Set an exact amount you would like to spend for the entire holiday.
~ Price out each item. You can do so by looking online.
~ Keep your list handy. You can email it to yourself to keep on your smart phone for quick access.
- Research Before You Purchase
Naturally, we can get caught up in the holiday spirit by buying needless items, but doing this can add up quickly. So first, start researching the items you’re wanting to purchase. This is especially important with high ticket items. Your research should extend beyond product pricing to also include product reviews. Researching customer reviews will help you ensure you pick the best possible product for your needs. An excellent site to use for checking product reviews is Amazon.
- Use Price-Match & Discounts To Your Advantage
You can check your local retailers to see if any are offering a price-match guarantee. This means they will match the price of a competitor or even offer the product at a lower cost. Plan to check online prior to Black Friday and Cyber Monday so you can maximize your savings. Additionally, you can google discounts for the items(s) you’re looking for and you might find them!
- Don’t Go Crazy With Gifts
There are plenty of creative ways to save money when it comes to giving gifts. One option is group buys! Those with large families can pool their money together and give gifts jointly. Another option, is to buy gifts just for the kids! There’s always happiness to be had by seeing the smiles on the kids’ faces as they open presents. Lastly, you could consider a secret Santa gift exchange and set a budget for how much to spend with a set budget, or consider making your own gifts.
- Stick With Inexpensive Entertainment
Due to how quickly holiday spending adds up, it’s always a great idea to find low-budget ways of entertaining the family. Here in Florida, outside activities are always an excellent option! Finding areas that offer Christmas lighting events, parades, or even a meet and greet with Santa Claus can be fun for the entire family.
- How To Overcome Impulse Purchases
- What Items Should You Inspect When Buying A House?
- How To Save Money On Holiday Shopping In 2018
- Four Ways A Personal Loan Can Help You Through A Difficult Time
- What Is Credit Utilization & How Does It Impact Credit Score?
- Why You Should Consider Refinancing Your Car Loan
- 5 Boat Buying Tips For A First Time Buyer
- Top 8 First Time RV Buyer Mistakes To Avoid
- 4 Tips To Help You Save Money This Halloween
- Prepare Your Vehicle For Hurricane Season
- Top 4 Car Buying Mistakes To Avoid
- Why Car Loan Rate & Term Matter
- 7 Tips For First Time Car Buyers
- The Difference Between Secured And Unsecured Loans
- 6 Benefits Of Using A Credit Card
- How To Save For A Down Payment On A House
- 7 Ways To Build Credit From Scratch
- Avoid Gift Card Fraud In 2018
- Fourth Of July Safety Tips
- Should You Buy A Salvage Car?
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015