Forfeiting Fun Now Means More Fun Later
In an ideal world we would all have a never-ending vacation fund. Unfortunately life is expensive, as are vacations. Most of us do not have time to plan a vacation months in advance, but with these money saving tips you can make a last-minute vacation affordable, while not sacrificing fun. In addition, a low-interest credit card from Launch FCU could be a great option to help you save money. If you have another credit card, be sure to check your most recent statement to see what interest rate you are currently paying. Chances are, our low rates, no cash advance fee*, and no annual fee* on our VISA® credit card could save you a lot of cash.
Applying online for your credit card has never been easier. To apply online for a credit card with Launch FCU, click here.
- Use booking sites such as Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia.com, or Priceline to book your hotels. By utilizing any one of these sites you can save big on your hotel stays, which frees up money to spend on activities.
- Want to go on a cruise but think it’s too late? Think again! By utilizing last minute cruise booking sites you can save 67% or more off the original price. With companies such as Cruises Only, CheapCruises.com, and Cruises.com you can plan a last minute cruise at a price that you can feel good about.
- Sacrifice fun now for fun later. If you belong to an expensive gym or enjoy weekly shopping trips, temporarily suspend your membership or put the shopping trips on standby, and put the money in a vacation fund. It is also a good idea to cut back on eating out, and visit the beauty or nail salon less. According to Bankrate, the most important thing to keep in mind is that you are simply sacrificing today’s fun for the fun that you will have on your family vacation. All you need to do is set aside the money that you would normally spend on extras and put it into a special vacations savings account. You can even create a separate vacation savings account at Launch FCU.
- Purchase deals in advance with daily deal sites such as Groupon and LivingSocial in the city where you plan to vacation. This will not only help you to save money, but will also give you some great ideas on things to do in the area.
- If you have a GPS, take it. This will save you money as car rental businesses will try to upsell you to cars that include a built in GPS.
- If you have any college-age or military members in your family, be sure to bring related IDs on the trip, as many businesses offer student and military discounts.
- If your travel plans take you to a big city such as Los Angeles or New York City, consider booking a hotel in a smaller city where rates are cheaper. In addition, booking with a smaller hotel chain can save you money.
- Pass on souvenirs. Though it may be tempting to buy memorabilia from your trip, these items are not necessary to remember your trip. Instead, take a lot of photos and use the money that would have been used on souvenirs to do additional activities.
- If you are an AAA or AARP member make sure to check local hotels, attractions, and restaurants to see if they offer any special discounts for membership.
- Think about buying groceries for your trip instead of eating out. The money that you save on eating out could mean the difference between seeing or not doing that last activity you really wanted to do.
Conclusion: When we are on vacation we tend to like to splurge, because after all isn’t the point of vacation to reward ourselves for hard work? By putting some of the above mentions into practice you can not only save money on your vacation, but also do more for less. As a reminder if you plan to travel outside of the United States, be sure to let your financial institution know. This not only helps to protect your account information, but also ensures that your funds will be available to you as you travel.
*APR=Annual Percentage Rate. The rate you pay will be based on your creditworthiness. If your risk profile puts you in a higher risk category your rate may be higher. Rates shown are subject to change without notice. Click here for additional disclosures, rates and terms.
© Copyright 2015 Launch Federal Credit Union. All Rights Reserved
- 7 Tips For Donating to a Charity
- 8 Tips for Creating Account Passwords
- 5 Tips to Prepare for a Hurricane
- 6 Tips for Back to School
- Should You Buy A New Or Old Home?
- Will Refinancing Your Auto Loan Hurt Your Credit Score?
- How To Do Valentine’s Day On A Budget
- Top 5 Ways To Save For A Car
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Finances In 2019
- 4 Best Ways To Budget For A Baby
- How To Overcome Impulse Purchases
- What Items Should You Inspect When Buying A House?
- How To Save Money On Holiday Shopping In 2019
- Four Ways A Personal Loan Can Help You Through A Difficult Time
- What Is Credit Utilization & How Does It Impact Credit Score?
- Why You Should Consider Refinancing Your Car Loan
- 5 Boat Buying Tips For A First Time Buyer
- Top 8 First Time RV Buyer Mistakes To Avoid
- 4 Tips To Help You Save Money This Halloween
- Prepare Your Vehicle For Hurricane Season
- September 2019
- August 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015