The Board of Directors at Launch Federal Credit Union act as an agent of change by guiding the credit union’s long-range directions. Serving as volunteers, the Board of Directors engages in strategic planning, developing governance policies, and serving as advocates for the credit union members. The Board of Directors is also responsible for hiring, interacting, and guiding the President and CEO. The duties of the board are executed via monthly meetings and semi-annual planning meetings. Various board committees may meet monthly.
Board of Directors
Dan Sicchio, Chair
Charles E. Jenkins, Vice Chair
Yvonne Parker, Secretary
Robert Griffin, Treasurer
Delores Abraham, Director
Lonnie Blocker, Director
Marilyn Cherubini, Director
J. Albert Diggs Jr., Director
Dominic Morgese, C.P.A., Director
Mark Kratz, ABM
Hollimarie Montijo, ABM
S. David Banks, Chair
L. Joanne Wilson, Member
Joseph DeMartin, Esq, Member
To contact the Supervisory Committee please address:
PO BOX 541316
Merritt Island, FL 32954-1316
We’re Looking For New Candidates
The Board of Directors at Launch Federal Credit Union seeks candidates interested in serving as volunteer Associate Board Members, (ABMs). The purpose of the ABM role is to create a pipeline of potentially qualified and ready now board members for Launch FCU that represent the diverse membership and communities served by the credit union. The ABM gains expertise and knowledge to serve on the board of directors of an $800 million asset financial institution with a broad range of products and services. ABMs serve a one-year renewable term, with the intention to ultimately serve as a full-fledged Board Member.
We are specifically looking for human resources/organizational development, finance/accounting, or IT/project management knowledge and expertise. Potential candidates will also be perpetual learners and leaders. ABMs engage in training opportunities designed to increase their effectiveness and enhance their knowledge of the industry. Some training is provided by consultants or off-site trainers; other training is provided through online resources. Prior to being appointed, ABMs must become members of the credit union.
To be considered for this position, please submit your professional resume by May 15th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Engagement in the community Launch FCU serves, and proactive willingness to serve Launch FCU’s membership base.
- Ability to devote the time and effort it takes to serve as an ABM on various committees and in various educational programs. The average number of hours required on a monthly basis is four to six hours.
- Ability to attend strategic planning sessions in October and April. Each session is a day and a half. (Friday & Saturday)
- Proactively engage and participate in board and committee discussions.
- Attend nine or more board meetings per year.
- Attend nine or more committee meetings per year.
- Be held to the same standards of confidentiality as full board members.
- You must live in Brevard or Volusia County to be considered to serve as an ABM.
- Background in human resources, organizational development, finance, accounting, IT, or project management preferred.
- Long-time resident preferred.
- Knowledge and involvement in the community preferred.
- Employment at a large major employer is a plus.
Being an ABM at Launch FCU will provide you with an opportunity to lead an organization, with more than 60,000 members and over $800 million in assets. Launch FCU is a not-for profit cooperative founded in 1963, committed to the idea that “People are worth more than money.” Launch FCU is an important source of low-cost basic financial services to consumers with modest incomes in the communities where we serve. Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, or worships in Brevard or Volusia Counties. Our goal is to become the financial institution of choice for the residents of these counties. Launch FCU is a well capitalized financial institution with a 5-star rating from Bauer Financial.