From our start at Kennedy Space Center, to our growth into Volusia County and into the present day, our goal has always been to serve our members with a wide variety of excellent products, great rates, and exceptional member service.
Launch FCU opens its Cape Canaveral Air Force Station Branch in the E&L Building. A grand opening celebration took place on February 8, 2018 with a ribbon-cutting ceremony, food, fun, prizes, and a week-long series of giveaways.
Launch FCU opens its Cape Canaveral Air Force Station Branch in the E&L Building. A grand opening celebration took place on February 8, 2018 with a ribbon-cutting ceremony, food, fun, prizes, and a week-long series of giveaways.February 2018
Improvements and Innovations
- Improved online loan applications for consumer loans and mortgages introduced.
- New high school branch announced –Launch FCU will partner with Spruce Creek High School in Port Orange. The new school branch will open in August 2015.
- June 1st, 2014 – Kennedy Space Center Federal Credit Union becomes Launch Federal Credit Union.
- Suntree branch moves to a new building at 2200 North Wickham Road, becoming the Melbourne Branch.
- Mobile Check Deposit is introduced as a part of Mobile Banking.
- E-Signature for approved loans is introduced as a benefit for members.
- Groundbreaking on a new Orange City branch, which will replace the much smaller Deltona branch.
- KSCFCU offered additional accounts for savings and checking, giving members the opportunity to personalize account names.
- Grew to 51,667 members
- The Administrative Building on Plumosa Street in Merritt Island opened.
Website Go For Launch
- Launched the KSCFCU Website at www.kscfcu.org.
- A branch in Cocoa was opened at the Cocoa Commercial Center.
- KSCFCU merged with two federal credit unions in Volusia County – the Halifax Teachers’ Federal Credit Union and Florida Consolidated Federal Credit Union. This expanded the credit union into a second county.
- Grew to 36,210 members
The Computer Age
- Began using an in-house computer system.
- The new Merritt Island branch on Fortenberry Road opened.
- CUTEL, the first audio response system for the Credit Union, started. This later became ShuttleTalk, and is now VoiceTouch24.
- Grew to 13,161 members
- The first off-Center branch opened, in Titusville.
- Payroll deduction program began as a service to members.
- Checking accounts became available.
The Data Age
- Computerization of KSCFCU files and records.
One Giant Leap
- Assets reached $2,600,000.
- Name changed to Kennedy Space Center Federal Credit Union.
- The office was moved to the Headquarters Building at Kennedy Space Center.
One Small Step
- First chartered as the NASA-MILA Federal Credit Union in April of 1963.
- The first office was a trailer at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.